little birdy

little birdy

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sweet Child...

This song was sung at Nathaniel's memorial service. 


In Loving Memory Of Nathaniel Zhopo Nettrouer  July 24, 2011~ October 10, 2011


Nathaniel, You touched my life and so many others in a way you will never know. 
I have to say that, because of you, prayer means so much more to me now. It means praying for healing, but also for God's will to be done no matter what. It means trusting that He knows best, and knowing by faith that His will is good and perfect. You were loved by so many, Nathaniel. You're memorial service was so full of love and hope. I kept getting chills... I could feel God's presence. You, dear child, will not be forgotten. So many lives were touched by yours, Nathaniel. So many people had stories to share about how you life had touched theirs. God's plan is so amazing. Your purpose on earth was fulfilled...your life was not cut short. Now your big, beautiful, brown eyes are gazing into the eyes of the One who created you, and loves you. He will hold you forever! My heart hurt so much at your funeral, I felt as if I'd lost part of my own family. 
Josh, Merino and Naomi~ I am so very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you. Thank you for letting us be a part of this journey. 
I don't believe this is the end of the story...He has many more blessings to give, and to God be the glory!


This was on the program at Nathaniel's memorial service.


~Sweet Child~


"God made a sweet child, a child who never grew old. He made a smile of sunshine. He molded a heart of pure gold. He made that child as close to an angel as anyone could ever be. God made a sweet child and He gave that dear child to me. Then God saw His wonderful creation growing very tired and weak so He wrapped the child in His arms and said, "You my child I keep". But now my sweet child is an angel free from all hurt and pain. I'll love you forever until we meet again. So many times I have missed you. So many times I have cried. If all my love could have saved you, sweet child, you never would have died". 




I can't wait to join Nathaniel and sing my heaven song... :)



5 comments:

  1. Awww...

    This is so sweet.... :-)
    I can't wait to be with him also!
    Such a touching song...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously cry every time i hear it. Especially while I was writing this. I got the same feeling I had during his funeral. The presence of God and the hope of heaven. Ah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sad. Who is Nathaniel? The song is beautiful.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nathaniel is a little baby boy who's family went to our church the first year that we lived here. (Come to think of it... his dad is sun tan ken!!! I had forgotten all about that...) He passed away this past week after battling leukemia and liver failure, among other things. He was up at the children's hospital in Portland for weeks and weeks and finally, on monday, God chose to take him home. There were literally thousands of people being prayer warriors for Nathaniel and it was an amazing experience. He taught me so much in his short time on earth. Although he was not healed, in the way we would've liked, he has no more pain. His life was not cut short and his purpose was fulfilled. Every time I think about how much his little life meant to me and so many others, I get teary eyed. Anyway... that's who Nathaniel is. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a sweet song.

    ReplyDelete