little birdy

little birdy

Thursday, December 1, 2011

~How to make a needle-book~

The afternoon started out in pain... from my shoulder.
Then came coffee... from a couple friends. 
Then I got in a happy mood.... from being cheered up a bit.
Then... I got crafty. 
:)



I made a needle book. 
Wanna learn? :)

The Supplies

  • Felt (wool or cotton)
  • Embroidery Floss
  • Needle
  • Scissors
  • Circle pattern from card stock (three inches in diameter)

The Directions~


1. Following your pattern, cut out four pieces of felt (two for the outside cover and two for the inside).


2. Blanket Stitch around the edge of the front and inside two pieces, leaving about one and a half inches of the circumference un-stitched.
3. Place the other two pieces on the back side of the first two with the second inside piece facing the already sewn inside and the back outside piece facing outwards.
Continue the blanket stitch on all four pieces for the un-sewn inch and a half. Then finish sewing the blanket stitch around the edge of the back side two pieces.
4. Run the thread through the felt where it cannot be seen from the inside or outside. Bring the thread to the surface of the outside and double knot.



Steps 2, 3, and 4. Oops. ;)



This is what my table looked like at the end of the afternoon. 

Finished craft + Empty coffee cup = a very productive afternoon. 
(Yes, it took me a few hours to do this.)
:)

3 comments:

  1. Neat... I should make one...! <3

    I hope your shoulder gets better.. (I'll pray for it! )
    I miss you.. <3

    Love Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo adorable! :] And great pics, too--what kind of camera do you have?? :D

    ~Haha! That is so funny..I actually think I saw you there. ;) I recognized you from the dances (I recognize people SO easily..I pretty much remember every face I see :P), but didn't "know" you, so..yeah! :] But YES, if we can come to that ball, I will def. seek you out and say hey! :D Reserve me a dance, okay? ;)

    Hugss!
    -Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thatnks Lucia. :) I have a Canon Rebel and I LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete